Minda’s Developmental Educators (DEs) have developed a new program called First Response.
The program has been run at Brighton and was developed to support people in achieving independence, enhancing community participation, developing social skills, and boosting independent life skills.
Outcomes from the program include understanding how and when to call 000, improved self-confidence and first aid skills, and proactive and reactive life skills.
First Response is one of many workshops offered by the Developmental Educator team, who are allied health professionals specialising in:
- Developmental and behavioural assessments
- Teaching functional life skills including social, communication, self-care, daily living, community access, recreation and employment skills
- Promoting emotional health and wellbeing
- Positive behaviour support
- Specialist Support Coordination and counselling supports
- Collaborating with people with disability, parents, carers and other service providers.
To find out more, please contact Disability Choices on 1800 164 632.